Business Operations Assistant/Billing Representative
Location: San Jose, CA, United States
About Ramsbacher Prokey Leonard LLP
Ramsbacher Prokey Leonard LLP is a respected boutique law firm with a reputation for innovative planning, an eye toward long-term risk management, and achieving family goals. Our firm emphasizes a team approach to devise cost-effective solutions to a variety of often-interconnected matters.
Based in downtown San Jose and Modesto, California, we represent high net worth individuals, families, and business statewide—and in tax matters, nationwide—in estate, tax, and succession planning, focusing on multigenerational wealth preservation.
We strive to be one of the best places to work. Whether starting or growing your career, Ramsbacher Prokey Leonard LLP provides a performance-driven culture, opportunity for professional achievement in a diverse and inclusive atmosphere.
The firm is seeking a Business Operations Assistant/billing representative for a position in our San Jose office. The primary function of this position is to directly support the Business Operations Manager in preparing and editing prebills, generating and sending client invoices, and internal bookkeeping. This position will also assist in general administrative duties such as answering in-coming calls, filing, scanning, copying, proofreading, processing correspondence, and other projects. This position will sometimes require coordinating with parallel positions to support other members of the firm on a project-by-project basis. The position may, on occasion, require work beyond normal business hours. Being able to prioritize assignments and handle a challenging workload is needed. Strong computer, phone, and organizational skills are required.
The perfect candidate is proactive, flexible, and committed to producing reliable work product. This position requires strong verbal and written communication skills, with a “can-do” attitude to assist in any and all tasks that may be required by the Business Operations Manager. Such responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Review time entries to ensure proper matter coding, billing rates, and compliance with attorney/client/e-billing guidelines.
- Follow up with attorneys to ensure timely return of prebills.
- Process all prebill revisions, including edit, transfer and write-off of time, and ensure timely and accurate preparation of client invoices.
- Distribute invoices to clients via mail, email, or e-billing, as required.
- Monthly review of Unapplied and Retainer accounts and timely application of same to client invoices.
- Respond to attorney and client billing requests and inquiries.
- Organize, update, and maintain client records and maintain files.
- Assist with preparation of routine documents.
- Assist with correspondence to clients.
- Handling standard clerical duties including but not limited to answering incoming calls, copying, opening and routing mail, and both electronic and standard file management.
- Billing, accounting, and/or bookkeeping experience preferred.
- Experience in the areas of accounts receivable/payable.
- Experience coordinating with vendors, suppliers, and other service providers.
- General secretarial/administrative assistant experience.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
- Proficient in Outlook, Excel, and Word.
- Law Firm experience and legal billing software is a plus.
- Understanding of electronic billing a plus.
- Strong written, verbal, and phone communication skills; ability to exchange information and to present ideas, report facts, and other information clearly and concisely.
- Ability to organize time and prioritize workload effectively.
- Ability to work both independently and alongside the Business Operations Manager.
- Team player.
- Customer service focused.
How to Apply
Thank you for your interest in Ramsbacher Prokey Leonard LLP. Please submit your resume to:
People Operations Manager
Ramsbacher Prokey Leonard LLP
Equal Employment Opportunity
All employment decisions, including the recruiting, hiring, placement, training availability, promotion, compensation, evaluation, disciplinary actions, and termination of employment (if necessary) are made without regard to the employee’s race, color, creed, religion, sex, pregnancy or childbirth, personal appearance, family responsibilities, sexual orientation or preference, gender identity, political affiliation, source of income, place of residence, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, age, marital status, military veteran status, unfavorable discharge from military service, physical or mental disability, or on any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
Probate and Trust Paralegal
A boutique law firm specializing in advising high-wealth individuals and closely-held business owners in tax, business and estate planning and post-mortem administration, is seeking an entry-level/early-experience probate and trust paralegal.
Responsibilities will include:
- Work on complex probate and trust administrations, from initial petition through final distribution
- Coordinate asset valuation, document preparation, and asset allocation/distribution
- Review and prepare estate and gift tax returns
- Review and prepare of fiduciary accountings
- Organize and maintain files
- Draft petitions, orders, and other pleadings related to probate and trust administration
- Prepare deeds and related real estate documents
- Form and fund legal entities
- 1-3 years of experience in trust and estate matters
- Capable of learning to manage advanced trust and estate paralegal tasks with minimal supervision
- Self-motivated with the ability to act independently
- Possess critical thinking skills
- Possess excellent oral and written communication skills
- Advanced knowledge of Word, Excel, Outlook, stock valuation, tax preparation, time entry, and other programs applicable to handling trust and estate matters
- Knowledge of local court procedures
- Time management
- Organizational skills
- Deadline management
- Paralegal certificate from an ABA accredited school required
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience preferred
Excellent salary and benefits
Please send cover letter and resume to:
People Operations Manager